Innovation to diffusion
GISIG is an Association operating in the field of Geographical Information Systems, grouping organisations from more than 20 European Countries.
GISIG represents a reference centre for common initiatives among GIS operators and users, also acting through the promotion of European projects and the establishment of thematic networks and national secretariats. Learn more…
- We promote and coordinate European funded projects
- We establish thematic networks for a collaboration environment
- We promote training initiatives about GIS and their applications
- We promote networking initiatives for GIS operators and users
- We group together universities, enterprises and administrations
Latest News & Events
MYGEOSS is launching an open call for development of innovative applications (mobile or web-based) using openly available or crowd-generated data in different domains addressing citizens’ needs.
The INSPIRE Directive, which came into force in 2007 and is expected to be fully implemented by 2020, aims to establish a European Spatial Data Infrastructure